Numata Business IT is a fast-growing IT services company with five offices across South Africa. Since its founding in Johannesburg in 2004, the firm has garnered worldwide recognition, recently breaking into the elite group of managed service providers (MSPs) that make up the 2013 MSPmentor Top 501, a list of the top global MSPs compiled by the online publication, MSPmentor.
Numata’s path to success has been marked by an ability to adapt to changing market demands, while serving its clients with the best, most advanced technologies and services available. The firm got its start with a break-fix business model and then expanded into managed services in 2006, eventually making use of Kaseya’s remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform for several years.
But in 2012, with Kaseya’s pricing becoming prohibitive, Numata’s executive team, led by CEO Jakobus Koorts, made a strategic decision to evaluate their options in the RMM market. After meeting with the team from N-able Technologies® and seeing the company’s technology in action, they quickly determined that the global leader in RMM automation offered a better fit for their business.
“From day one, N-able demonstrated that their support was superior to Kaseya’s, and their technology – from AutoTask integration to monitoring, automation, reporting and antivirus – worked better than any other platform
we saw,” says Koorts.
Immediate Results Out the Gate
When N-able came in during the pre-sales process, it put its N-central® RMM platform to work on one or two customer sites, according to Koorts. The results he saw using the ITchannel’s #1 RMM and MSP service automation platform were immediate.
“The monitoring was at a better level and covered a lot more ground. And the automation worked – unlike other vendors,” he says. “N-able’s antivirus capability was also better than anything else on the market. Best of all, N-central was easy to set up.”
One of the other main reasons Numata made the switch to N-able was the Report Manager module –a complementary tool set available with N-central. With Report Manager, the MSP can create high-value customized reporting, and schedule automated reporting so that customers receive regular updates on all aspects of their IT environment.
“From day one, N-able demonstrated that their support was superior to Kaseya’s, and their technology – from Autotask integration to monitoring, automation, reporting and antivirus – worked better than any other platform we saw.”
– Jakobus Koorts, CEO, Numata
“Because Report Manager is so tightly integrated with Autotask, we’re able to capture all service desk, help desk and remote support activities,” says Koorts. “It also includes the work that is getting done in the background for customers – the things they don’t always see, such as automated fixes. In this way, our customers know we’re covering all the bases for them.”
And although the MSP is ahead of the curve and has been performing automation since 2004, it is quickly moving all of its automation processes to N-central, from new user setup – including all applications installed – to routine maintenance and common fixes on workstations and servers. All of these automations are now streamlined and working as they should with N-able’s Automation Manager, Koorts says.
More Than a Technology Alliance
Since Numata began working with N-able in mid-2012, the MSP has learned that the RMM leader is much more than a technology vendor. “They are a valued partner,” says Koorts. “They’ve provided a strong framework and expert guidance for our MSP practice through everything they offer – from their global partner summits, to their resources center and Technician’s and Business Runbooks.”
From a support standpoint, Koorts says he couldn’t be more thrilled with N-able. Numata had become accustomed to waiting three or four days for resolution from Kaseya for issues with their RMM platform, but N-able responds in just a few hours.
While the majority of Numata’s installed base is in South Africa, the MSP has established a growing presence in other international markets as well, making use of a strong cloud services offering to give its small to midsize enterprise clients the scalability and infrastructure they might not otherwise be able to afford. Koorts is eagerly planning to move more heavily into new markets, such as mobile device management, as N-able
heads in that direction as well with new releases of N-central.
“N-able has made a really big difference in our business in a short amount of time,” says Koorts. “We look forward to seeing what the future brings through our partnership.”
N-ABLE IS AN INDUSTRY PIONEER and the only MSP Automation provider to excel in business enablement, sales strategies, marketing support and technology innovation. But don’t take our word for it. Check out this “top 10” list derived from over 300 MSPs that have switched over to N-able partners in the last six months.
1. The Industry’s #1 RMM and MSP Service Automation Platform for Comprehensive Virtual and Physical Network and System Management
2. Unmatched Business and Technical Support including Dedicated Partner Development Specialists, a Blueprint for Success and Best-in-Class MSP Runbooks
3. Helps MSPs Establish 100% IT Coverage for Break-Fix, Reactive, Proactive and Managed Customers. Complete Reporting for all SMBs to help Upsell Managed Services and IT Projects
4. DirectConnect is the MSP Industry’s First Centralized Approach to Remote Device Control, Management and Remediation… and it’s a Free Upgrade for N-able Partners!
5. N-central 9 is the Only MSP Automation Platform with a “Drag & Drop” Automation Engine; Standardizes and Automates Simple and Complex Conﬁ guration, Incident and Change Management Tasks, Processes and Policies
6. Scale Your MSP Business with IT industry’s Only Standardized Managed Services Solution – N-central, Automation Manager & MSP Automation Runbook
7. Integrated Managed MSP tools that includes Back-up, BDR, Endpoint Security, Antispam, Audit, Netﬂ ow, GPO and Policy tools
8. Industry leading MSP & SMB Reporting for Best-in-Class, Customizable Business Reporting Tool for Technical and Executive-Level Audiences
9. Provides MSPs the Choice and Flexibility of Deploying an On-Premise or Hosted Solution that is Fully Equipped, Reliable and Tech-friendly
10. N-able Doesn’t Compete with its Partners for Services or Sales Revenues-100% Channel Friendly
For more information visit www.n-able.com or contact N-able at (877) 655-4689.